In 2008, the St. Francis Manor Foundation, a public charity under Iowa Code Section 501(c)(3), was formed to support the charitable endeavors of St. Francis Manor. The Foundation's mission is to improve the lives of residents at St. Francis Manor and to help meet the current and future needs of the greater Poweshiek County area, as well as to assist those who desire to provide financial assistance in support of that mission.
Between 2010 and 2013, the St. Francis Manor Foundation raised funds and provided oversight of a $5.25 million building construction and renovation project at St. Francis Manor. In 2016, the Foundation initiated a fundraising campaign for the construction of 20 assisted living units on the St. Francis Manor campus to help meet a current and future need of the greater Poweshiek County area.
The Foundation offers a wide variety of options for giving, allowing you to tailor your contribution to what matters most to you or to directly impact the life of a resident. Please call us to discuss your wishes and options.
Sample Ways of Giving
Remembrance and Memorial Program
Commemorate a family member or friend who has made an impact on your life.
A Gift of:
- Distribution from IRA or other qualified retirement account
- Appreciated assets such as stock or real estate
- Grain or other commodity
- Equipment or services
Employee Scholarship Program
Donate to provide educational funds or scholarships for nurse aides, LPNs, RNs and/or culinary apprentices.
Human Needs Fund
Help residents on campus who do not have the financial resources to pay for their daily care.
Volunteer Your Time or Talent
St. Francis Manor offers a variety of opportunities for volunteers to interact with our residents on either an individual or group basis.
If you are willing to share your time or talent to make a difference in the lives of our residents, please contact our Activities Director at (641) 236-7592 or complete the Volunteer form below. Group activities and programs are typically scheduled for 30 to 45 minutes in length. The following is a sampling of available volunteer opportunities:
- Provide musical entertainment through instruments and/or vocals;
- Provide a short presentation on a subject of interest to our residents;
- Assist with regularly scheduled activities such as Bingo or discussion groups;
- Assist with special events such as fun runs or holiday celebrations; and
- Individual interaction with one or more residents for approximately 15 minutes, such as visiting/talking, reading devotions or a short story, listening to music, etc.
Please mail donations to:
St. Francis Manor Foundation
2021 4th Avenue
Grinnell, IA 50112