Progress is being made weekly on the Hammond Center for Assisted Living. As the stone is being installed on the outside, the inside is being drywalled and textured. The Hammond Center which is expected to be completed in January.
The Hammond Center for Assisted Living will complete our Life Plan Community and provide the finest assisted living that Grinnell has to offer! Its home-like setting will include 20 spacious assisted living apartments (2 two-bedroom, 16 one-bedroom and 2 studio floor plans) and be designed to provide you or your loved one with a lifestyle of comfort, wellness and community.
The 3-level Hammond Center will include 18,618 sq. ft. of assisted living apartments and common areas on the ground and second floor levels; and 9,238 sq. ft. of amenities on the lower level for use by residents of both our assisted living and independent living communities (see Seeland Park brochure for independent living community information). Lower level amenities designed to help keep residents physically, mentally and socially active will include a walking track, large room for fitness classes, exercise equipment, and several other activity areas.
The Hammond Center will also be conveniently connected to the east side of St. Francis Manor, a community-owned nonprofit healthcare center which has been serving the greater Poweshiek County area since 1977. Recognized as a Top Performing Best Nursing Home for 2017-18 by U.S. News & World Report, St. Francis Manor provides short-term skilled nursing care and rehabilitative services as well as long-term nursing and restorative care. Its on-site Rehabilitation Clinic (see brochure) offers inpatient, outpatient and in-home physical, occupational and speech therapy services to all ages.
Benefits of Assisted Living
- Health-related care, personal care, and assistance with activities of daily living;
- A home-like environment providing supervision, safety and security;
- Residents participate in decisions that emphasize choice, dignity and independence;
- Couples may continue living together;
- Response staff available 24/7 to meet scheduled, unscheduled and unpredictable needs;
- Conveniently connected to healthcare center;
- Less expensive residential approach to receiving many of the same services available in skilled nursing care.
- Fireplace in lobby
- Private locked mailboxes
- Individually controlled heating and air-conditioning
- Private apartment with kitchenette and bath
- 4 ADA units
- Personal pendant call system
- Priority access to skilled nursing facility
- Access to physical, occupational, and speech therapy services
- Access to beauty/barber shop
- Complimentary laundry facilities
- Garden space
- Bocce ball
- Basement amenities: Aerobics room, exercise room with walking track, game room with pool table, quilting room, reading and craft room, and movie theatre & conference center
- Weekly light housekeeping
- Weekly linen services
- Periodic nursing assessment and updating of individual service plan
- Three daily meals
- Local scheduled transportation
- All utilities, cable, and Wi-Fi included except telephone
- Exercise and wellness programs with fitness specialist
- Social activities and events
- 24-hour on-site staff
- Liaison with personal physician
The Hammond Center was built through fundraising efforts of local community, read about our Assisted Living Campaign